Since November I have thoroughly enjoyed promoting my Blogs. I love writing and wanted to expand my audience a little, plus I believe the more you read the more inspiration you find for your own writing, and the more informed and broad your own articles will be. It takes a lot of work trying to get noticed - and link ups are an important way of doing this. Many excellent Blogs don't have a Google "Page Rank" and without link ups you might never find them.
So here on my Blog this week I am delighted to be hosting the #PoCoLo link up for Vicky Welton who is currently at the BritMums Awards. A big thank you to Vicky and here's hoping her sterling Blogging efforts and fabulous support for other writers earns her an award!
If you are a regular on Post Comment Love then it would be great if you spread the #PoCoLo word. However, if you are new here then welcome! Post Comment Love is all about sharing posts which you have written this week which just haven’t got the attention they deserve and, with them all in one place, we can help each other share the comment love. This is one of the easiest links EVER. You don’t have a ‘special theme’ to have to write about, the post can be personal, sponsored, a photo, a review, a competition, your own linky, something you’ve linked to a linky….WHATEVER you like – it’s one you’ve already written this week! If you want some publicity and attention, then you are in the right place!
- Please make sure you go across and comment on at least two other linker's posts. Linkys work if everyone supports each other :) then spread the #PoCoLo tag about this link up on Twitter.
- The post you link up has to have been written in the last week.
- The link goes up every Friday at 6.30am and closes on Sunday evening at 8pm.
This week’s newbie showcase is Jo from "Powered by Tea and Gossip"
My name is Jo (aka Mrs Teapot) and I live in Derbyshire, with my husband 'Mr Teapot', our gorgeous son 'Little Teapot' & our English Springer Spaniel, Monty.
I started blogging just over a year ago for several reasons really:
1) I wanted to capture the experiences of being a mummy & didn't want to bore all of my friends (more then I do already!) with endless stories
2) I hope one day to be able to show my son the stories about him growing up & my blog is my online scrapbook
3) There's more to me than being a mummy & I want to explore my own experiences around health & well-being & having an outlet to do this has been really positive
4) I enjoy writing & find it a wonderful escape from the pressures of daily life
5) Blogging is my equivalent of having a notebook by the bed, as things often come to me when I cant sleep & so I write them!
6) I would love to be able to expand on it & become a 'writer' one day, in whatever shape or form that make take.
I blog anonymously. None of my friends or family know I do it, or have read any of my posts. One day, I would love to show it to them & see their reaction, although I probably worry too much about what they think! By blogging anonymously no one feels like they are under any obligation to read every post & comment on it & so the visits & comments I get are based on the merit of what I write, or lovely people who recommend me. This feels like a small victory, in a daft sort of way & it's something that is mine & mine alone, which feels special. I suppose you could say I haven't found my niche yet, or you could say that I just like to blog about all sorts of things, although I sometimes struggle to do it as much as I'd like (& have had a bit of a break recently, as things have been particularly hectic). Being invited by Vicky to be part of the wonderful Newbie Showcase has renewed my vigour & I will be back up to speed posting very shortly! I try to inject a little humour into my posts & hope you enjoy them.
Please pop over & say hello, or tweet me at @teagossipblog !
After linking with #PoCoLo please pay Jo, and all the lovely linkers below, a visit. Have a great weekend xx
Vicky has a list for the Newbie Showcase running into April 2015. If you would like to be featured then please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can put you on the rota.
Remember, your blog needs to be under a year old to feature from the time of sending your email to her.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.vevivos.com/post-comment-love" title="Post Comment Love"><img src=" http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u568/ToriWel/4e4a1bf6-07cb-494b-b06e-f959b1fe1311_zps654d027a.jpg" alt="Post Comment Love" style="border:none;" /></a></div>